Events & Festivals in Montreal
Enhance your Montreal vacation by taking in a special event or festival. Whether you visit in fall, winter, spring, or summer, there’s always something going on in our fine city. Château Versailles puts you in the middle of all the excitement, with a convenient location in the Golden Square Mile close to Quartier des spectacles Montreal and the sites of festivals like the Formula 1 Grand Prix and the Montreal Jazz Festival. Our beautiful, historic mansion-turned-hotel from the early 20th Century houses treasures of antiques and offers all that you need to enjoy your stay while you are in Montreal.
Formula 1 Grand Prix – June
The Formula 1 Grand Prix of Canada takes place on the famous Circuit Gilles Villeneuve in Montreal. This four-day event occurs in June, during which Montreal grinds to a halt as fans from around the world enjoy a non-stop party in the Rue Saint Catherine and Crescent Street areas. During the event, you’ll enjoy street parties, drivers appearances and autograph sessions, and F1 exhibitions.
Plan your trip for the Grand Prix in advance and get amazing rates at Château Versailles. Thanks to our convenient location near public transportation (bus and metro), you can get to the Circuit Gilles Villeneuve in less than 20 minutes.
Montreal International Jazz Festival – June-July
Experience the world’s largest jazz festival during your next trip to Montreal – the Montreal International Jazz Festival. Every year, Montreal welcomes global music fans for 10 days of jazz-centric celebration. The festival hosts some 30 countries, 3,000 musicians and public entertainers, 1,000 concerts and activities (two-thirds of which are free) in 15 concert halls and eight outdoor stages.
All the events of Montreal’s famous jazz festival take place just 10 minutes up the road from Château Versailles. Drive or catch a ride on a bus or the metro.
More Celebrated Festivals & Events:
- January - Igloofest (Through Feb.), Montreal International Auto Show, Montreal Snow Festival
- February - BARBEGAZI - Winter Action Sports Festival, Montreal En Lumiere/High Lights Festival
- March – Montreal’s St. Patrick’s Parade
- April – Blue Metropolis Montreal International Literary Festival, Montreal's White Party Week
- May – Montreal Museums Day, Go Bike Montreal Festival
- June – St-Ambroise Montreal Fringe Festival, Mondial de la biere Montreal (Beer Festival)
- July – Canada Day Montreal, Montreal Just For Laughs Festival
- August – Osheaga Festival Musique et Arts, Pride Montreal, Rogers Cup, The Montreal World Film Festival (Through Sept.)
- September – Montreal Marathon, Gardens of Light (Through Nov.), Pop Montreal
- October – Montreal International Festival of Nouveau Cinema, Light the Night Walk
- November – M for Montreal (Artist Showcase), Santa Clause Parade, Fête des Vins du Québec (Wine & Food Event)
- December – Christmas Events